Made from coconut fiber and natural latex, these sturdy pots are an environmentally responsible alternative to peat based containers. They are mainly used in horticultural farms, greenhouses and nurseries. KoirPot™ can be used with flowering plants to give homes and offices an elegant look.
KoirPot™ is 100% biodegradable and transforms into organic matter upon decomposing. Commercial growers can use KoirPot™ to grow plants that can be planted directly into the ground, skipping the transplanting step, which often leads to transplant shock. KoirPots™ holds in more water and retains it longer resulting in less watering needs.
The walls of the KoirPot™ are porous enough for the roots to penetrate. When the roots penetrate the pot walls, contact with the air stops the roots from growing. Then root buds start to appear and secondary root systems start to develop throughout the pot creating a dense network of root hairs. This phenomenon is known as "aerial root pruning".
When KoirPot™s are planted in the ground, it will biodegrade in 3 to 6 months depending on the soil conditions. There is no need to remove the plant from the pot. KoirPots™ are available in a wide range of sizes, which can be customized to customer requirements.
- Bulk containerized growing
- Horticultural farms, greenhouses and nurseries
- Retail pack for supermarkets
- Growing herbs and vegetables
- Domestic gardening
- 100% natural and biodegradable
- Renewable alternative to plastic and peat pots with visibly better, faster plant growth
- Helps maintain moisture levels in the growing media
- Easy to transplant into ground
- Higher resistance to mold